A Reply to 'Ten things' and more...

     "I have more memories than if I were a thousand years old."
  
      ~  Charles  Baudelaire



Few days ago, I came across a post by my friend. It talked about one's childhood memories; things that seem to've been slipped from one's mind long ago, but come to life in the blink of the mind's eye. Objects, paper, photographs, cards, various things, which bear the stamp of one's lived experience, weave moments in time that are etched somewhere forever. 
    Reading about the discovery of a person's realization of time spent in happiness, imagination and vigour, leads you towards your own memories triggered out of nowhere; a place made up of no place; perhaps from what we call the recesses of the mind.
    Reminiscing about a past that has surely passed but left its permanent mark - like some undying embers in a distant field, witnessed on a silent evening in a corner of one's world, I feel driven to underline the impressions of the lanes of memories which, you and I are compelled to pass through, revisiting ourselves with a bitter-sweet sense of wonder.   


Dedicated  to my friend:



     'Lost and Found'


Forgotten foiled memories 
Were once the life of a prized heart
Yesterday’s facts, today’s figments
Your present vision’s unforgettable part.
 
She said, “I have lost myself over the years”
In “few vague memories”, my abundant past
That lies in the swimming of shimmering tears 
Few render  the emotions, the ‘first love’ amassed. 
 
Those years these moments
Beckon belongings abundant
Weigh up remaining quotients
To make sweet pain more refulgent.
 
Listen, see, reminisce the worlds
Of where I was and where I stand
Was once a tree, now a flight of birds
A priceless time in the grain of sand. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The traveller reaches Lisbon

Poem